I officially survived my first real "tax season." Although I have officially worked two, I didn't work more than 40 hours a week during the '08 season. All I can say is that I have no idea how some people work 70-80+ hour work weeks because I am absolutely exhausted after putting in approximately 60 hours per week. I would definitely recommend that everyone get their information in to their accountants earlier because your accountant's is most likely sharper at the start of the tax season, which usually equates to fewer errors!
I continue to study for the CPA exam, which consumes majority of my spare time!!! I am very determined to get these little pests behind me! I whole heartedly believe it will help take a little weight off my shoulders. :) I have scheduled all my tests and am hoping to be completely done by October... pray for me!!!
After tax season Sol and I took a trip to Iowa to visit with his family and meet his new sister-in-law! It was a lot of fun to see his family and get to spend so much time with them! (I will be posting pictures in a later post.)
The weekend before flying out to Iowa, my brother returned from his mission in Richmond, Virginia! I am very proud of him and am looking forward to seeing him soon!!!
We have had the chance to get to know our awesome neighbors better! Now that the weather has warmed up, we have spent a couple nights talking much longer than Sol and I are used to! We are so grateful to have fantastic neighbors and we are looking forward to getting to know them better!
We chose to switch wards from the Married Student ward to one of the Pullman Family wards. It took us a while, but we did it! (Our neighbors are in the new ward.) Shortly after making the switch we got called to Primary - not my favorite, but the good news is that Sol has never been through primary so he gets to learn all the songs. :) After having the kids sing the welcome song our first week, Sol now has a better understanding of "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree." I told him about it once and he looked at me like I was crazy. We team teach the CTR 5 class. It is definitely better team teaching than doing it alone.
I had the opportunity to go to San Francisco (Burlingame) for a work conference. It was a lot of fun and I learned a lot. Coincidentally, Sol got to go to a conference the same week but in San Diego! I would have loved to switch him places... San Diego is one of my favorite places.
As for fun things to come... not too much! As I said, majority of my spare time goes to studying, but my brother is getting married at the end of July! We are very happy for him and his fiance and hope that she feels welcomed into our family.
I hope this brings us up-to-date. I can not guarantee I will be any better about posting pictures until after October, but at least you know what we have been up to!!
Thanks for stopping by!


I'm so glad for the update!! I love the fabric and the pictures of your Iowa trip!! Way cool. I miss seeing you and we need to get together? What are you two doing for the 4th of July? Want to have another BBQ?